200
Friday, July 6
Here begins my 200th blog post. My goodness, I seriously can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday that I wrote my first post... Haha okay that's utter nonsense. It feels like ages ago since I started blogging, and that's perfectly fine, because that is indeed the case. I'm honestly surprised and impressed that it's lasted this long, as countless people have commented over the years that blogs inevitably die after some time. Yet here I am, 200 posts in and still going strong.
In this present age, blogs of my kind have dwindled in number, as greater masses flock to microblogging on tumblr and twitter. Keeping a blog like mine is thought to be too time consuming, and admittedly, it does require lots of effort. But I am a firm believer of blogging, at least for me. And I guess it's good to maintain a purpose in blogging, so that I don't fizzle out.
I blog primarily for myself. It is a collection of posts of different natures, each type possessing great value when I take the time to re-read them. Be it snapshots of memories, evidence of personal growth, tough times I've triumphed over, and thoughts and musings along the way; they serve to provide me with testimonies that remind me of God's work in my life, as well as bring back blissful memories of the past. It's also pretty interesting and amusing to see the transformation in my style, and more importantly the maturity of thought and character over the years. I think the type of content I write about is pretty revealing of my character, and I've found myself reading old posts of mine and thinking, "Woahhhh, was I really like that last time?"
My other motivation for blogging is so that I can bless and encourage others. I find that my blog is a useful tool for sharing about God's work in my life, especially as I seem to get points across more effectively through writing rather than in speech. I am often clueless as to how much my writing affects others, if even at all. Especially so since I don't know who my audience is. (Apparently I even have visitors from USA, France, Holland and India, to name a few.) But every so often I have people telling me of how certain posts or songs I included served to inspire and encourage them in their current situations. And indeed, hearing such feedback is tremendously encouraging to have, knowing that God is using even my blog to help others. So please, if you've felt the same way before, please let me know! It makes me more than happy to write more! (:
Finally, my blog is a medium to let my friends know about my life. I know in groups, I may not talk much about my life such as my thoughts and experiences. That's because I
love to listen; I love to have an invested interest in the lives of my friends, celebrating with them in their triumphs and caring for them in their tribulations. As such, I don't get to share much of my own. I know, how selfish of me right? So, through my blog, my friends are privy to some of my deepest thoughts and emotions; things which I would otherwise have no time to share with them.
I can't say I'll never stop blogging; absolutes are
always dangerous to say (oh the irony! teehee). But I do hope to continue for a long time, continuing to bless others along the way. So my dear friends, if ever there are miles between us and you want to know how I'm doing, please feel free to drop by my blog (but keep in touch with me of course!). And as Dr Jon Wong says, "stalkers are welcome"! ;)
AMEN;
11:56 pm